Thursday, March 01, 2007

I Have Been Waiting For This Day!

Because, I wanted to decorate for St Patty's Day! Living with two Scotties kind of helps me "relate" to the Emerald Isle. Well, that and the fact (more importantly!) that my maternal great-grandmother was of Irish heritage. Or, perhaps I am just fishing for another holiday to celebrate! It matters not, as I have my pretty little Shamrock lights up now and they are looking verra cute! (I found them at Big Lots for a hefty $4.00 for a set of 10 lights!)


Michelle intertwined a garland of green with little shamrocks in it from the Dollar Tree and the green is so nice. I think St Patty's comes at the perfect time of year, as the green gives everyone something to look forward to.....the "green" of spring!

I took this shot of one of the lights with all the lights in the room turned off. I am shocked it turned out at all, with a shutter speed of 1/30 second, and standing on a chair for the shot!

AND, now I can say that the green color of my blog is to celebrate St Patty's Day!

Here is a tip for St Patty's....every year, I always bought a corned beef brisket for the corned beef and cabbage. Last year, I picked up a corned beef round instead. Wow! I was so impressed! There wasn't so much fat on it...I am not sure if it is the cut of the meat or just the particular round I picked up.

So, there you have it! And, I just reminded myself to add corned beef to my shopping list!

Oh, and if you would like to see what my daughter, Carly, has done to begin celebrating St Patty's Day, look at this.....her latest entry, entitled "Dachshund Crazy".....

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

It's funny ~ we never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day when I was growing up. Not a big Irish population in southern Indiana! LOL! :) My grandma would always send me a St. Patrick's Day card (which I didn't even know that they made!). To me, St. Patrick's Day now signals that Lucas's birthday is getting *very* close. :) Maybe I'll do something special for us for dinner that night ... something Irish!