Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Snow, Snow Go Away?

Well, most of it has in about a period of three days!

After struggling today to get my last entry uploaded, I went outside and was amazed at how much the terrain has changed since yesterday! Almost all of the snow was gone this morning!

Here are two pictures of the woods in front of the house.


The camper is free of snow on its roof, and there is little left near it, either!

The only snow that remains near the house is from shoveling, or where Mark piled it pretty high with the plow on the ATV.

I just happened to show this little guy's eye and nose peeking out through the snow yesterday. I was simply ecstatic to see his whole being this morning. And, look at the daffodils coming up right behind him! I think some of my tulips are also coming up in this little garden on the side of the house.

And....these are the daffodils I showed in my last entry. They were peeking up through the snow. In looking at them, I think they actually grew about an inch since yesterday! And, near them are my Columbines, shooting out new leaves of green!

Michelle had to be at the Bible study at about 4 this afternoon. She was rehearsing with the worship group. So...I had a lot of time to spend just hanging out. So, I went to Aldi...then wandered over to WalMart, then, lastly went to Wegman's where I had some Chinese for dinner. Since Wegman's has WIFI, I took my laptop along. The only problem was that shortly after booting the computer up, I got the "change to electric power" message. I was bummed, so I asked an employee if they had electic available.....but, of COURSE! They are Wegman's, after all!

So, I ordered a Chai Latte and sat and relaxed with my laptop for some time. I then shopped for a while before picking Michelle up.

On our way home, we came down the route that goes through the valley. At one point, we saw flashing yellow lights along the sides of the road....then encountered a sign that said "Road Flooded Ahead". The water wasn't real deep, but you could see it moving swiftly across the road. Michelle was a tad nervous, but I knew it was going to be fine. We were both very happy to just get home!

Tonight's forecast is for rain changing to snow with 1-3" by morning. As much as I love the winter, I think we have seen enough for now! We were also advised we have a "winter storm" that will pass through Friday night. As I looked ahead at the forecast, we are supposed to be back into the 40's next week. Ah, the wonderful weather coaster!

It is all OK....after all, spring is in the air!

3 comments:

Carly B said...

Ah, yes, the melting snow! All of the snow has melted from our backyard and we now have a pond, albeit a very muddy one! Poor Joe won't go into the lawn...I guess he doesn't like mud on his feet. Or maybe the lawn looks weird through the "cone" on his head.

Becky said...

Ick, are we flooded here!
It's so oogly out there, lol

Denise in PA said...

You all are luckier than we were...our snow never completely melted! AND...now we've got another foot on top of what we had! I'm so sick of winter! I hate March!