Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Do Love Quiet Days!

Today was a "recovery" day after all of the bustling of yesterday. A day when everything is so much slower, and I feel like I can gather my thoughts together.


This morning, I decided to enjoy a soak in that hot tub...a couple of days ago, I was shoveling the back deck. I twisted, *knowing* I had done something "funny". I had to stop shoveling, as I felt so much pain, I thought I was going to SCREAM! I went inside, took two ibuprophens and drank a nice hot cup of tea. After the ibuprophen began to settle things down a bit, I went upstairs and took a VERY hot bath. The rest of the day, I took it VERY easy....By late in the day, I felt fine. Yesterday morning, however, my poor back hurt a little, and after sitting in the truck so much, it was pretty sore last night. This morning, after jumping into the hot tub, I felt terrific! That tub is great for relaxing....I have a tendency to get very "tight" when things go wrong, causing tension in my whole body. Wish I would learn to RELAX! I don't get too upset emotionally, rather, I get stressed out in my body. Sometimes, I just need to tell myself to stop and SMELL the roses.....which I just happen to have on my table!



And, speaking of what is on the table, I decided to make our big meal midday today, as tonight is Michelle's Bible study. I want to share this recipe, as so many people LOVE it!!! And, it is EASY!I have been making this recipe for years, as it came from a cookbook from the hospital where my mom used to work. It was called "Zucchini Casserole", however, I have done and REdone it different ways! Here's what is needed1 bunch of broccoli, steamed
1 cup mayonaisse
1 egg
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together, and place in a quiche dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (I also add tiny dots of butter on the top and sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs. YUMMY!


I completely forgot to take a picture of the baked dish so I photographed this little bit that was left! Oops! While this isn't a low-fat dish, it is satisfying to eat just a little. My mom used to love to take leftovers of this to work the next day and eat it cold! Mark likes it that way, too!

So, for lunch, we had steak (I buy the thin RibEye from WalMart...they are so thin, they grill in about 10 minutes. I really do not care for thick steaks!) a huge salad, and the casserole.

And, after lunch, I decided to work off some calories by shoveling MORE snow! Yup...it falls a little here, a little there...and, I missed some the other day when I hurt my back. As I shoveled between the house and garage, curiosity got the best of me......

I dug down through two feet of snow to take a peek.......

And, there they were...safely hidden under ALL that SNOW!





My DAFFODILS!!!!

1 comment:

Carly B said...

Okay, now you have made me rather hungry! You know how much I love broccoli! Perhaps I will have to make myself a casserole tomorrow. Of course I will have to eat it all since my family doesn't like such things! LOL!