Friday, March 09, 2007

Please Don't Throw Tomatoes!

Yes, I know I have had my camera for a few days, and SHOULD have taken a gadzillion pictures, but....I have been so busy, and now I am not feeling so great. Ben had this "cold" thing, and now I am coughing from time to time, so I am not sure if I picked it up or not, but it is no fun coughing!!!

I decided that the easiest pictures to take would be outside, but that would be too easy, right? I do like this one of the little stream out front. It (finally!) found its way out from the snow shroud that covered it these past few bone-chilling weeks!

I decided to set the boys on the table to *try* to get some photos. HA! Angus works well with me and is so good at posing. Murphy, on the other hand, HATES being dressed and doesn't want to do as told! So, I had to be content to photograph each one separately.

I must say that Angus, for one reason or another, refused to look directly into the camera...he looked to one side, then the other. I "think" it was because Murphy was watching. I honestly think Angus doesn't want Murphy to know that he is a good boy!

This photo should be entitled, A Look Behind the Scenes!

My Angus is such a beautiful little fellow!

And, before I upload Murphy pictures, I need to tell you just a little about him. Angus is my "the glass is half-empty" fellow, but Murphy? Well, he could care less HOW much is in the glass, cause he is just HAPPY! Murphy is the little fellow that gets so excited as he plays, that every now and then he bangs into a wall! (who put that wall there, anyway?) Murphy is unlike a "typical" Scottie, in that when called, he bounces up to you, as though saying, "here I am! Here I am!!!"

So......

I did manage to get this one picture of Murphy sitting upright. Can you see the look of dismay on his cute little Scottie-dog face?


Although I didn't catch it, Murphy used that short little front paw of his to remove the silly little St Patty's Day bopper! Enough of THAT! Well, since I *am* the Alpha-dog, I replaced the bopper and poor little Murphy put on his "poor, poor pitiful me" look......


So, these pictures were all taken with the new Nikon camera, and I was pretty pleased with them. I became acutely aware that using a new camera takes some major getting accustomed to it. Every camera is so different, and although I was able to snap a good picture with one hand on the Olympus, this Nikon is much heavier, and one really must steady the camera for a good shot. I also don't have the diaptor adjustment set correctly, so I need to use my glasses, or the pictures are blurry.

So, at least this is a beginnng, eh?

1 comment:

Carly B said...

Angus looks soooo cute! Poor little Murphy...you are so cruel to that poor pup! LOL!