Friday, March 09, 2007

The Music Is Returning!

This morning, I was so happy to see blue skies! After taking the boys out, I grabbed my swimsuit and plopped myself down in the hot tub.

I love sitting in the tub, as it is so soothing. But many times, I go out while it is still dark, because it is fun to turn on the lights in it. This morning, the sky was already blue at 6:30 and I drank in its beauty as I soaked. There were some clouds high in the sky, and it was obvious that the southerly winds that will warm up this day had not yet begun! There was a definite northwesterly flow.

As I sat, I suddenly realized that I was hearing something *different*! Yes, the birds were singing! One of my friends in the Syracuse area said she has been hearing birds for some time now, and I was getting green with jealousy! As I listened, I heard chickadees. I turned to see two pairs, flitting about in the treetops, looking as though they might be courting...I saw nuthatches running up and down the trees, and heard a phoebe, then another answered from afar! A little junco sat on the bank behind the garage.

Today, we are supposed to warm up to freezing or above! Hurrah! Even though I do love the winter and the cold doesn't bother me as much as some others, it sure is nice to see some bright blue skies and sunshine! The stove can breathe a little sigh of relief as well. And, who knows? I might even clean the chimney!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Brrrr just thr thought of trecking out to a hot tub chills me to the bone! The birds were so loud here today I could hear them over the TV and I didn't have it turned down any lower than normal. No robins today though, but I bet they'll be back out over the weekend.