Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oh, It Feels SO Good!

Yes, I am finally cough and cold FREE! Told you I wanted to be there by Thursday!

And, life is good! I am so happy that the Buffalo Sabres won last night! We were unable to watch the game...something seemed to be "hosed up" with our RoadRunner, but everything is working now. In fact, I was unable to get online last night as well.

Yesterday, I got up, feeling so much better than I have in quite a long time. I was able to stay "on my feet" the entire day without wandering off to lie down for awhile! What a huge thing that is!

Last night was Michelle's Bible study night, and Mark and Ben went along with me. We met Carly at Wegman's. We bought a couple of subs and a bag of chips and were able to just sit and chat for a long time. That was so refreshing.

Carly's husband, Jeff, lost his job due to downsizing of a very small company...this happened right at the same time that he was suffering from a terrible case of bronchitis-on-the-verge-of-pneumonia! Carly has been anxious over this, as you can imagine. He was offered a job in Amherst, just north of Buffalo, and Carly is more nervous than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. She would love to have him take the job, as one of her heart's desires would be to move to Buffalo. She loves it there.

Last night as I plopped onto the bed to call it a night, the wind was blowing so hard! The trees were swaying and the temperature was almost 40! What a change! This morning, when I got up with the boys, the winds were still blowing (QUITE briskly) and the lid of the hot tub was lying on the back deck. No one was inside the tub, so it looks like those winds blew the cover off! This has happened before, but at least it wasn't sub-freezing temps this time! The water had gone from 102 degrees to 98, so apparently, the lid hadn't been off for too long!

As I walked the boys, I could actually hear birds singing in the midst of the wind blowing. What a cheerful sound that is! I could hear two phoebes off in the distance.....one would call out, then another would answer from another area. And, as I listened, my memory went back to so many years ago when Michelle was just a baby......I remember one day Mark and I walked out on the front porch on a spring day. Mark suddenly stopped and listened...."Listen, the birds are calling out to Michelle. Hear them? Swee-tie, swee-tie!" I will never forget that, as I thought that had to be one of the cutest things I had ever heard. Mark had NO idea *what* a phoebe even was!

No comments: