Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Have Something Up My Sleeve....

But I shall not reveal it until I am totally ready! How is THAT? I could never keep a secret when I was growing up, and I STILL have problems in so doing...I could never understand how other people could "know" something and not talk about it. Funny, how we are all so different! I also cannot be quiet when something is bothering me. Although I have a terrible time confronting others, I would rather get things settled than to eat away, wondering how things will turn out....

On Friday, Michelle and I had to run out to pick up a few things at the store. While we were out, Mark called, saying I needed to go back to Lowe's (ugh!) to pick up another lag bolt, as one had broken. Remember my rant? Well, I took my glasses along to read the sign. I couldn't believe what I saw! I read that the bolts were 47 cents. BUT, with my glasses on, I could clearly see that the bolts were actually 52 cents. Hmmm...the 52 cents was written in tiny font. The 47 cents that I had seen was the price of 25 or more units, written at least 2 or 3 font sizes LARGER.....
I would have made the trip to Tractor Supply, but it was far out of the way, as Lowe's was right next door to WalMart, where we were....

We have spent the past couple of days doing nothing very exciting. Loads and loads of laundry. I am wondering WHERE it all comes from! And yesterday, Mark took the woodstove in the garage apart, as it needed to have its catalytic converter cleaned. A few of the gaskets need to be replaced, so we ran up to a store (a mere 50 miles away) that is a Jotul dealer. They had nothing and that was a big disappointment. I did pick up a couple of things for the hot tub at Leslie's, AND we did get some Popeye's Chicken... that was yummy!

The kids were supposed to go skating last night, but I was feeling too run down. When the kids go, Mark and I always spend three hours in the truck. We usually grab something to eat, or just "hang out". Well, I just felt like I would never make it last night. Michelle called her friend who has gone with her and Ben the past few times, and he said his parents wanted to take them! That was a real treat for us! While they were gone, the first thing I did was sit in the hot tub and soak. That was so pleasant! And then, we watched the Sabres play. And, once again, they WON! GO SABRES!!!!

No comments: