Friday, March 16, 2007

Shadows....


As I was feeling sick the past few days ago, one of the most comforting things was lying on my bed, or in it. I have a set of flannel sheets that are so snug and cozy and they were also a great comfort as I rested.

Some of the time when I wasn't feeling really weak or tired, I would lie on my back with the laptop propped up on my knees. I had to make sure there were no blankets underneath, or the poor laptop would have overheated! When I used the laptop, I couldn't stand having the lights on in the room, so I used a small nightlight in an outlet to my right side.

The above shadow appeared on my ceiling from the nightlight. It is my silly St. Patrick's Day cactus, er...Christmas cactus that keeps on blooming. (is that where the expression "bloomin' idiot" comes from?) Anyway, this is just kind of a silly entry that shows my shadow on the ceiling that just made me feel like all was right in the Bristolwood during my beleaguered stay in bed!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Terri said...

My step mom's Christmas cactus has always been crazy. As soon as it would be done blossoming it would start back up all over again. Just a few days after she passed away in February it started to show blossoms and I looked at it yesterday... it's loaded!! She'd be so happy with it :)

Lisanne said...

That's an awesome shot, Kae! I'm sorry that you were feeling so cruddy. :( Here's hoping that you're 100% better now!