Sunday, April 15, 2007

Unfinished Business!

This morning, I was barely able to post the pictures of the snow coming down because of issues with my laptop. The processor was running out of control, and it took forever to even TRY to do anything. Since then, my computer guru hero, AKA my hubby, Mark, took care of business and I am once again *in* business!

I wanted to post a picture I took yesterday of a little Junco bird that was nestled in the lilac bush on the side of the house....

And, I was excited to tell about a new soap I unmolded last night! One of my Scottie friends I met online is from Arizona, and she ordered some Lemongrass Soaps made with my Scottie mold. She had fallen in love with Lemongrass while visiting in London. I decided to add a little of the herb to the soap as well, (just a tiny tad) and it gave it depth, texture and character....I love it and the scent is so fresh!

So, that was my unfinished business from yesterday! Last night was such a bust, as the Sabres lost to the Islanders. I was so bummed, but the Sabres were outplayed AND the refereeing STUNK! I always smile and tell Mark the refs always SAY they are going to call everything.........against Buffalo! Yes, I am biased, but even were I not, I think anyone can see that many of the refs just do not want Buffalo to win.

Today was spent lazily lounging about. Yes, Mrs. *Busy* took a day off! I am so tired. I think I didn't sleep well or rest well because of the game last night. Mark keeps telling me not to get so worked up...hehehe

I made Zatarain's Cheesy Jambalaya for dinner tonight. There is a recipe on the back of the box for stuffed green peppers using two boxes. Well, since I only had one huge green pepper, I cut it into small pieces and added it. The recipe on the box also calls for sausage, which I detest! So, I use ground beef and I used Habanero pepper instead of the jalapeno it called for. This is one of those recipes that is guaranteed to clear sinuses, but if you like *hot*, it is SO tasty!

As I was cleaning up in the kitchen, I caught sight of Doe, Re, Mi, and Fa out on the back hill. I was so excited because they lingered on and on for some time....then, they actually bedded down for a bit.

You can see the size difference here....Doe is on the right, and one of her youngsters is on the left side. It was difficult taking these shots because, 1. once again, I had to shoot through the french doors, and, 2. it was snowing like crazy! I just knew that were I to open the door, the youngster definitely would have bolted into the woods. Doe is much more at ease with humans!
Here is Doe lying in the snow.....

And here, Doe got up to graze a little bit more while her youngster remains resting.

A closer look at the youngster. This was such a wonderful way to end a lazy day!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Your soap looks great! I love lemongrass. It's such a "perk me up" scent. I so long to live where deer could share their space with me. *dreamy look* *shrug* one day :)

Katya said...

Thank you, Terri! My whole basement where the soap is curing smells SO good! A "bright" scent in this dreary weather!!!!
When I was a little girl, I had a great aunt who owned a wonderful cabin in the woods. She never married, and worked all her life as a courtroom stenographer. She bought the camp when one of a group of men was killed on his way to the camp...the men lost heart and no longer wanted it. Anyway, I spent so many happy days there...going for long walks in the woods, watching wildlife and eating hotdogs roasted on a fire. I was just so sure that "someday" I would live in the woods. That someday happened about 15 years ago. And now, well, it truly is sooo GOOD!