Sunday, August 20, 2006

Whew! Busy Weekend...

This weekend was a lot of busy-ness, but a fun one! Yesterday, Mark and I celebrated our anniversary and today was my birthday. My parents came yesterday to celebrate, and they also watched the kids last evening so Mark and I could go out for dinner. Wow, we haven't done that in a very long time! We went to Ruby Tuesdays and oh my! What a fabulous salad bar. The offerings were abundant and fresh!!!
Today we took it a bit easier and just went to Canandaigua for a little birthday meal, then shopping at TJMaxx. The funniest part was, my mom, Michelle, and I all went in to look around.

We looked and looked...Michelle wound up trying on three tops, a skirt, and a pair of gauchos. We left the store nearly empty-handed! I made one small purchase...a small Royal Albert Country Rose Vase. That was it! The store was swelled almost to overflowing...much like a woman about to give birth. But, alas, amidst all of the goodies, there were no great finds.
I never thought I would do this, but here is a picture of me with my two babies (with their glow-in-the-dark eyes!!!) I guess I should have "doctored" this pic, but, well, life has been busy!
My brother came with my parents and he is staying for a couple of days. Tomorrow morning, we plan to cut up some firewood. A couple of big trees fell across our trails and really must be removed before we can haul our firewood out. So, that is the first task at hand. It is fun when my brother comes to visit, as we work hard, then play hard!
My mom really enjoyed the "fruits of my labor"...she kept sneaking onto the back deck to partake of my delicious cherry tomatoes! She remarked that the homegrown variety far surpass any maters found in the store! She needn't tell me, 'cause I cannot keep my fingers off those little red jewels. They are so sweet!!! Next year, I plant to greatly increase my "bucket garden". And, I have gained some insight as well. I nearly drowned my poor pepper plants, giving them a gallon of water each day. One day, I wondered if perhaps I was overwatering them, as their leaves kept falling off. After cutting back on the amount of water, they are suddenly covered in many little pepperlets!!! My dad was always quite a gardener, and he asked how I got such big pepper *trees*. They each stand about 3 1/2' tall and the base of each plant is very woody!

3 comments:

Becky said...

That picture is adorable Kae!
I do the same thing when I go to TJMax, never can find anything I like there and wonder why everyone else is going crazy over it, lol

LOL at your green pepper trees! maybe you'll start a new fad!
p.s. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to you!

Denise in PA said...

Ummmm, we have a few "pepper trees" in our garden! Over the years we've had some beauties...seems I can grow the bestest plants but they hardly every produce peppers!

Same here on TJMax... AND, I agree with Becky, I love that pic!

Becky said...

I can't grow peppers either! Every year I keep hoping and plant some, every year same results....I'm lucky if they get bigger than a quarter and that's when I DO get any, LOL!