Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fiddlin' Around Today

This was one of those days that I did a lot of things but have nothing to show for all of the effort! When I got up this morning, I began thinking that I had wanted to make a soap mold of a Scottie head. (heaven forbid the day I discovered Ooomoo....) Poor Mark thinks I have kinda lost my bearings sometimes, but I just love makin' things! Here is a picture of three soaps I have made from my own molds already.

(note to self) Do NOT photograph light colored soaps on a WHITE towel!!! The soap on the left is a "Scottie Angel". I usually pour up one of these whenever I make a batch of soap. I made this mold when Ruth (whom I wrote about previously when she lost two Scotties in less than a week) lost her Seamus last year. The center soap is a lime soap with a cameo of a Ceskie Terrier. I still have hopes of one day owning one of these dogs. They are very similar to a Scottie, but generally more laid-back. And, the soap on the right is a mold I made of a Scottie head that is one BIG chunk of a soap! The two Scottie soaps were actually rectangles that I used a knife to cut the angles on the bars. I really like the way they turned out. They are supposed to be Lavender Swirl bars, but came out more like "Lavender Marble"!

So, this morning I sat down with my Sculpey clay and began playing. When the family got up, I had to put my clay aside...

We took the truck into the garage for a diagnosis and estimate. While they took a look at the truck, we went to the bank, then drove a few miles up the road to grab Chinese for lunch. We got a call from the service people...the truck looks like it needs some big $$$ repairs. We picked up the truck and drove it home, giving it a good and thorough cleaning up. Mark got online and found that he could do the repairs himself for a fraction of the price. What to do, what to do???

Ben called a little friend, and he came over for a visit. The two boys played in the pool and Ben and I killed about 16 horseflies! Those big old flies come around every year about this time, dive bombing anyone in the pool and making everyone shudder at the thought of one of them landing on them! They are so big and gross!!!! After the pool, the boys warmed themselves back up in the hot tub.

Like I said, busy day, but nothing to show! Well, OK, the truck looks like new and is sparkling in the driveway! In the midst of all the busy-ness, I also washed, folded, and put away a couple of loads of laundry. And, got a terrible tension headache! Thank heavens the Chinese restaurant always gives enough food for a couple of meals. I was too tired to cook!

Hopefully, I will be able to finish up my Scottie head tomorrow so I can make another Oomoo mold. Does anyone have any idea WHY I keep making MORE projects for myself?

3 comments:

Becky said...

I think you need another project, I'll have to look and see what I can find and send your way! hehehehehe

I can't stand horse flies, do you guys get deer flies there? those are even nastier, thank goodness they stay out past the barn area or we'd really be in trouble.

Sorry to hear about the repairs, : ( hope it gets fixed one way or the other!

The soaps are terrific!

Katya said...

More projects....well, sure! Why not?

Deer flies here are pretty much contained in the woods....hmmm...I took a long walk with the dogs a couple of days ago in the woods and never saw one of those pesky deer flies. We were thinking the wet spring greatly increased the horse fly population...we have never seen so MANY! But, the deer flies seem mysteriously absent. We did have black flies longer than usual this year, too. Flies..what a subject, eh?

Denise in PA said...

Horseflies...ICK...I killed three on Thrusday while mowing the grass. I love the soaps, the Scottie Angle is lovely!