Saturday, August 26, 2006

Covered Lots of Miles Today!

Today was a rather busy day, and we seemed to relax and enjoy!

The kids usually sleep in on Saturday morning, but since they called it a night early last night, I thought I would get them up early and take them to McDonald's for breakfast. Ben loves the Big Breakfast, and it is a treat for him. So, we went out the door and off. After McDonald's we stopped by Tim Horton's for a bagel for Michelle and me.

The family was invited to a birthday party for Michelle's friend (our neighbor) this afternoon and into the evening. So, after breakfast, I wanted to take a run to a big farmer's market several miles away. It is a big market, featuring many goods made by Mennonites and Amish. I haven't been in quite some time. I had a good time walking around and seeing all the goodies. I only bought a tote made with the "faithful companion" print, featuring a Scottie on it.

On the way home, I stopped at a small farm stand and bought a seedless watermelon, a head of cabbage, and a quart of roma tomatoes. I intend to try to make Mark some good sauce for pasta with the maters! (hi Becky!!!) Oh, I am going to add some from my plant, too!

After the market, we headed back to take the kids to the party. The neighbors were graciously understanding when I explained that I had been having some problems with breathing and said the kids would be fine. left their without us...Their son was looking forward to playing with Ben, so that was cool! Mark and I dropped the kids off, and decided to try another one of those great state trails set aside for the handicapped.....

We decided to check out some roads that were located in the higher land. We entered, following one trail that was about 1 1/2 miles. It was very nice, but there wasn't a whole lot to see. Then, we went on another trail that was fabulous. We spent about 2 hours driving on roads through the woods. It was so pretty, and we came upon a couple of beautiful ponds and marshes. I had some pictures, but Blogger is being a BEAR tonight! Anyway, this land was cool, and there are lean-to's located in the woods...one must get a "camping permit" to sleep overnight in these. I guess I would be a real chicken doing that, but the concept is cool. I think I would need at least a "cabin" to spend the night where I know there are foxes, coyotes, bears, and other things that go "bump" in the night!!!!

After our expedition, Mark and I decided to have a quiet little dinner, so we went off and ate. After this, it was nearly 8pm, so we decided to head out to grab the kids. The neighbors had the party at their lake home, which isn't too far away. Needless to say, the kids had a ball! They love parties, and this one was so much fun! It is just so hard to think that our kids were so little just "yesterday". Time sure flies....

We got home well after dark, and it was a rather full day! Many end-of-summer memories, and just a fun day all the way around! I actually feel much better...not sure if being out of the house all day made me feel better or not, but it sure was nice!

No comments: