Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Murphy's New Nightshirt

As I posted last night, Murphy has a new little nightshirt! I must say that Michelle didn't spend a whole lot of time on this garment, as I think perhaps she knew Murphy wasn't going to be too excited about it....
Upon completion, Michelle raced into the room, proudly holding up her newly formed masterpiece! Now, I will admit, I was impressed, as she had no pattern. Michelle has always been very creative, however, and all of her young life, she has never failed to impress me with creativity.
So, was **Murphy** impressed? You be the judge.......

Yup, as soon as the little shirt was on, Murphy hid his big face! He immediately THREW himself on the pillow, striking a most "I am SO depressed" pose. Not even the mention of a "cookie" would get his attention. Poor little forlorn Scottie Dog!
Somehow, I finally was able to coax the little pup to sit up to model his new duds. Again, I ask, does THIS look like a happy little Scottie Dog to YOU? Alas, I took great pity upon my little laddie and removed the offending garment. And, did I get a big "Thank You!"?

I don't think so! Instead, I am convinced he is lying there thinking about HOW to get out of EVER wearing that cute little nightshirt....EVER again!!!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Murphy's new nightshirt! And, I'm impressed that it was made without a pattern! My daughter is wanting to learn to sew, and I haven't gotten around to it! We're enjoying knitting and cross stitching. I also love your new Scottie quilt - we got one, too! Thanks for sharing!
Judy, Bonnie, and Angus from CyberScots

Unknown said...

Poor little Murphy, he sure doesn't say much, but can he do the body language. If he ever speaks to you again, there will be snow flying in hexx.
The nightshirt(s) are most impressive and that Murphy's fit without a pattern is great.

Becky said...

ROFL! that is too sweet!

Katya said...

Judy,
It sounds like you are teaching your daughter lots of good things like knitting and cross stitch! Michelle seems to pic things up mostly on her own...weird...I always needed hands on instruction!

Jackie, Murph is the MOST forgiving MAN I have EVER known! He is so sweet...he forgives me for trimming his nails, grooming his shaggy hair,and any other MEAN things I do to him. I can do no wrong in his darling little Scottie eyes!

Becky, thanks...Murph is an extra special little fellow in my eyes!

Denise in PA said...

Love Murphy's new duds! He looks, even if he doesn't think so, rather spiffy!