Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Weatherman Said...

The Valentine's Day storm is "now winding down"...He also said that it has left many folks without power. Now, with the temps as low as they are, THAT is scarey.

I worked outside for several hours today, and I am thoroughly exhausted! To add insult to injury, we were going to go out for dinner, but the poor road conditions warranted a home-cooked meal. I was fortunate that I pulled a turkey breast out of the freezer a couple of days ago, so dinner wasn't too hard! I did make Garlic Mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts to go with the turkey, and that was it! Simple, but everyone ate heartily!

Michelle worked alongside Mark and I most of today. She is such a good helper! We unburied the "old" truck and Explorer and put them inside the garage. I had to back the Explorer up over the unshoveled sidewalk, and it felt as though someone was lifting it off the ground! Mark said he watched to make sure it wasn't going to hit the top of the garage door...it actually DID rise up in the air!

I made a nice fire in the stove in the garage so we could warm up from time to time...

And so, from our hearth to yours, hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day! Stay safe and warm!

No comments: