Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pretty Columbines!



I took a couple of pictures of Columbines the other day. I love the purple color...they remind me a great deal of the vibrant purple Irises I remember from my childhood. The other plants are ones that I planted many years ago, when we first built the house....




I do have one or two other varieties of Columbine that have not flowered yet. Not sure of their colors, but I also have a variety in the front of the house that I had never seen before. They look like pink with white snowballs! They are quite unique. When I bought them, I thought because they were so cool, they would never make it. What a surprise to find that they are taking over the plantings in their beds!

As I was walking along the stream bed, I noticed a bumble bee on the ground. I couldn't understand what this bee was doing....it moved sporadically, landing on rocks and burying itself in the ground under piles of leaves, then reemerging again!




May you enjoy this weekend! If you travel, please do so with great care....not everyone on the road is considerate! May you enjoy good company, good food, and good conversation. In the midst of the fun, please take a moment to remember those who have served this country and those who gave their lives that we might enjoy life as we know it!



1 comment:

Terri said...

Columbines look like part of the violet family(?). I don't think I've ever seen one before. They are quite lovely.