Thursday, May 03, 2007

Canandaigua Wandering.....(or, part II of previous entry)





On the western side of the pier is a little "grouping" of boathouses with cottages above them. The funny thing about these buildings is that in the winter, they look so desolate and rather run down. By the time summer arrives again, they somehow take on a more *charming* look, as though the changing of the season "regenerates" them!







Every time I go to the lake, I always look for ducks and Canada Geese. I think this is the breeding season as the area is so lacking....However, as I was looking about, this lone Mallard Drake caught sight of me as I sighted him. I made a ridiculous "quacking" sound (of course, I panned the area around me first, not wanting to be taken away by men in white coats!!!) and the little fellow swam towards me, probably wondering if his attention to me might be rewarded with a nibble of bread.


Well, as soon as he figured out I was of no value, he immediately turned away......












The bad news for me is that the next several days are supposed to be bright, warm, and sunny. Such a change after dark, cold, and snowy only two weeks ago! Yes, I did say bad....bad in the sense that my poor heart is going to be longing to go wandering off again and again!

No comments: