Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Is it Friday Yet?

No? Ugh. Friday cannot come soon enough this week! I need a vacation after our small vacation.

We arrived back home late on Monday afternoon. The kids were terrific about unloading the camper, and I am grateful for that. I stopped by the local Subway and bought subs for dinner, as I was whipped and making dinner just didn't sound too appealing.

I got up bright and early on Tuesday morning, feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. I swept down the stairs, barely feeling the treads under my feet. I went out on the front porch, admiring all the beautiful flowers that had come into bloom whilst we were away. Ah, life is so good....

I came back inside and without even complaining, began washing the mountains of dishes that had strangely appeared while I slept....Hmmmm. Then, *it* happenend. I never saw such a freakish thing in my life....

I went to grab for a glass that needed to be washed. As I did so, a brand-spanking new knife I had *just* removed from its sheath the night before *spun around*, bludgeoning its grand point right into the tip of my middle finger of my left hand. I stood there, dumbfounded. After coming back to my senses, I grabbed paper towels and began to place pressure on the dripping fingertip. I think I used about half of the roll before it finally slowed down a bit.

Mark taped the finger shut and this worked well. Then, after about two hours, I wondered if it would tear open again when the tape was removed. So, we bandaged it once again. Drip, drip...you get the picture!

This morning, the finger was finally sealed shut and I placed a new bandage on it, making sure it was first bathed in Neosporin. Now, I have this terrible bulbous bandage on the end of my finger, driving me nuts and making me yell when I bump it on anything!

So, feeling very sorry for myself, I set out this afternoon with my camera, thinking a little walk would soothe my *feelings* if not my poor finger!


So, since my photo of a purple Columbine was a hit on Wordless Wednesday, I took a picture of a Columbine.


And, a whole *bunch* of Columbines.......


And my waning blue Columbines.........


My not-so-ordinary Columbines......


Wow! Look! My Begonia runneth over!

And Daddy Long Legs sitting atop a pretty Daisy!

As I walked in the woods, I was talking to Carly on the cell phone. Suddenly, something jumped up from the earthen floor........

I took about 20 pictures of this little darling, but each picture was worse than the one before it. This was such a total disappointment......

Oh, and to end this on a more upbeat note....My clever UPS man, Bob, has *just* the idea for me! He suggested that before I place my hands into the kitchen sink to wash dishes, I don a pair of Kevlar gloves!!!!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

All beautiful, even the deer in the distance.

Your columbine are nicer than mine; mine are a very dark, dried blood color. What was I thinking when I got those?

Terri said...

Ouchy!! take care of that finger! BUT as a result you got some b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l pictures! As much as I hate spiders I'm loving your spider on the daisy pic!