Monday, June 04, 2007

And All Good Things Must Come to an End.....

Saturday evening, my parents and brother came out to the camp for dinner and to enjoy a little time in the woods! It was a beautiful evening, and as always, food tasted so much better sitting outside next to a campfire!

Sunday, we decided to take a little shopping trip to Erie, Pennsylvania. Erie is another terrific place to visit, but we were there to shop, not to visit! I was in sorry need of some new summer clothing. I generally only buy three or four outfits for any given season, but I was down to one weary-looking sundress that really needed to be replaced. I washed it too many times!

I made out like a bandit! I had some money left on a Macy's gift card and my mom happened to have a 20% off one day's shopping there. After looking throughout the store, I was not impressed with the styles of clothing they had. As we passed by a clearance rack, however, I saw a sweater that caught my eye. Then, another sweater jacket, then a blouse! I was so happy to have some beautiful clothes for a fraction of *Macy's* prices! They will be perfect to wear in the evening when it is cool.

After that, we hopped over to Value City. Wow! I hit the motherload....I found two really pretty sundresses as well as a couple of skirts and three blouses! Ben found a pair of Levi jeans and two nice dress shirts. As I went up to the register, I discovered that if I applied for a credit card, I could get 20% off. I did, and was totally amazed at the amount of clothing I purchased for only a bit more than $100!

After all of this strenuous shopping, we went to Presque Isle, and ate at an outdoors hamburger "joint" called Sara's. This place is really hopping in the summer. Behind the restaurant, there is a large campground. What a busy place, and summer hasn't officially started yet!

We looked around a bit more in a few stores, then headed off to my parents' home. We stayed for a little bit, then were off to the campground. Rain began and fell all the way there, and continued thoughout the entire night. It was cool and felt so good!

This morning, we awakened and began to make ready for our trip home. Somehow it always seems so hard to get motivated to return home, even though responsibilities await us! All of the memories begin to play out in my mind, and I enter into dreamland, romanticizing about the "what-if's". And so, I began daydreaming about how the woman at the gift shop explained how people actually camp out in the rustic little cabins at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. She said people decorate with lights and the whole nine yards. Ah, what a fun experience that would be! It must be that tiny amount of Indian blood within me that draws me....I have always wished to live in a tiny little house in the middle of the woods....Not so sure how all of my "techno-stuff" would play into this, though!

I am going to post one more entry with some more pictures.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Ohohhoohh, Saras! I LOVE THAT PLACE! We stop there every single time we're anywhere near Erie! We accidently stopped on the last day of their season, they were closing that evening. They were giving away hotdogs and ice cream! How cool is that? I LOVE their orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream swirl cone. Simply delicious!!!