Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

"I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well." Psalm 139:14


Yes,, this is a picture of the self-inflicted knife wound on my finger! When I removed the (huge) gauze bandage this morning, I was so happy to see how well this has healed.

This is the side of my finger where the knife went in more deeply.

This morning was the first time I was able to look at the wound without *shaking*! I globbed on a bunch more Neosporin, put on a new bandaid (no more BIG bandages!!!) and sealed it shut with waterproof Nexcare tape.

As I looked at my finger, the scripture above came to mind. I mean, *what* has man created that self-heals (and so quickly, too!), remains as good as new, AND the fingerprints remain unchanged? Think about that............

2 comments:

Terri said...

ummm you probably could have used a stitch Lady! *shakes pointer finger at you* Yikes! I would have been on the floor... I, an ex-EMT, does not do blood well LOL

Carly B said...

Oh Mom,
Terri obviously does not know about your finger repairing abilities. Here we are 20 years later and the tip of my thumb still has a scar, but stitches would have left one too, since I nearly removed the tip of it! Your butterflies worked great and NO horrible little Novocaine shots. Your finger looks great...relatively. It looks like it will heal nicely without much of a scar.