Saturday, October 07, 2006

Why I Need a New Camera!

Last night I posted that the weatherman was promising a harvest moon. When I got up with Murphy and Angus this morning, *it* was there! As I opened my eyes at 5:28, the room was bathed in streaks of cool white light, shining in through the branches and leaves on the trees.

I grabbed the camera as I went out the door. The air was a brisk 37 degrees, and the light show in the sky, phenomenal! The stars were simply gorgeous! The moon by this time was hanging in the western sky, so I snapped a picture of it through the trees in the front yard. I was so disappointed by how SMALL it looked in the picture. This is truly disproportionate!

I REALLY NEED a new camera. One that does macro AND telephoto....all the way up to the MOON! Now, how do I explain this to Mark?

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Tell Mark that moons are suposta be bigger than tree leaves! ;) Lovely pic...and I *know* how big the moon looked to your eye vs. the camera lense. I'm always dissapointed at how far away some things appear when photographed.

Becky said...

LOL! I said the same thing when I was trying to take pics of the moon!