Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Random Nature Shots Around the "Yard"

Since I live in the woods, any property to the front of the house is considered "yard". Don't tell Mark, but I *especially* love the areas beyond the grass! If I lived here without the family, there would be no grass! I just love, well....woods!



Does anyone else like taking pictures of a bright blue sky? I sure do. Guess I think that by taking the picture, that rich blue color will remain etched in my memories. As I snapped the picture, of all things, this blue jay went flying through!!!






Hello, hello...it is the "Monster Bleeding Heart" TREE! Yes, *it* is emerging once again from the earth, with plans to take over the entire community of plantings on the side of our house!!!



This is such a cool picture. The leaf is actually under the water, trapped there by the stones. A small portion of it was out of the water. I love the way the sparkling water plays in the picture.


Near the stream, there is a very large, flat, moss-covered rock. I have left it there just because it always seemed so cool. Kind of a little "point of interest" in the midst of lots of large, round, smooth rocks lining the stream bed. Well, it looks like someone else appreciates that rock, as well.....for he/she has left the remains of a tasty acorn lunch there!

Of course, these are my all time *favorite* Bristolwood wildlife! Every time I wander off into the woods with my camera, I can "feel" those four little eyes honing in on my every step...and when I come back, they are always waiting anxiously (or otherwise! hehe)

I survived the stress test today. It was quite interesting, seeing my heart beating away! Several times, we got to "listen" in as well. When the test was complete, the guy looked at me and told me he couldn't tell me anything at all. Why, I never even *asked*! Ah well, he said by two or three days I should know the outcome. So, until then, I will just put my feet up....

No comments: