Monday, January 15, 2007

Icy, Icy, Icy

The weatherman was quite accurate in his prediction for this morning. It is, however, 34 degrees outside now, so much of this ice is falling to the floor of the woods. I wanted to take some pictures, but was not really wanting any lacerations to the head! This morning, when I took Angus and Murphy out, I could hear branches snapping under the excessive weight of the ice on them. I knew what was ahead, as the grass sparkled when I illuminated the area with the outdoor light.

The ice on the roof keeps breaking off and making a terrible sound as it glides down the surface. I was able to take a few pictures from my window. Enjoy...or not!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you got the ice too. I need to get into the back yard and get a picture of it, we have a grapevine all along our fence, and it looks really pretty. Thank goodness the roads were driveable today though!

Denise in PA said...

These pictures are so pretty...but they sure make me glad we missed out on the ice. Amazing how pretty something so damaging and dangerous can be.