Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Beauty that Surrounds Us!

Yesterday morning, when I got up, I went outside and just somehow felt in awe of all the beauty that is there for the taking. I pulled up a chair on the porch and sat staring at the beautiful pink begonia plant hanging on the beam. I have shared a picture of two of this plant before....but, yesterday morning, the light was filtering softly through the petals. The flowers ended up looking as though they were illuminated. I just couldn't take my eyes off the plant, almost as though entranced. That plant just emits an "aura" of peacefulness.

A little later, I decided to take my camera and try to get pictures of some of the beauty here, knowing that although I love the fall and winter seasons, the beauty will take on a new wardrobe and new life. So, here is a glimpse...just a bird's eye view of some of the things I so love.....

This is a little stream that passes through my "front yard". This stream runs only when the earth is saturated and can no longer hold any more water! But, I love this stream, no matter how small nor temperamental. The sounds carry onto the front porch when it runs strongly, and it has been a soothing salve from time to time.

We needn't travel too far into the woods to find a lovely spot to just rest and leave the worries and cares of this world behind. We offer many "seats" in the woods for just such times!

A jewelweed flower...


And another!
And some pretty wildflowers. I certainly hope you enjoyed your visit. Life is so good here in the Bristolwood!



2 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful and oh so peaceful looking, I want a stream!

Denise in PA said...

Ditto what Becky said! Actually I was going to say pretty much the same thing! :)