Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cannot Wait Til Friday!

Yes, I know...don't be wishing time away, right?

Well, every year, I sign up to exchange Christmas cards with my Scottie friends. This is always fun, as most people find cute little Scottie cards, and the cards usually begin arriving the first of December. What could be more fun than going to the mailbox and finding several cards from all over the US and Canada? (and even Europe?) Oh, this year there are about 60 people participating.

Every year, it seems I am faced with the same dilemma of late....that is, no SNOW! Since doing this exchange, I have always sent a picture of Angus in each card. I always try to make it a snow scene, as I LOVE the snow!

Today, we met my parents to get Benjamin back. We met at a McDonald's with a sign on the front that displays the time and current temperature. Somehow, the temperature of 67 just did not seem POSSIBLE! For heaven's sake, it is NOVEMBER! So.....where is my snow?

When we arrived home, I grabbed the laptop and headed to Weatherbug....the warm temps are supposed to continue through most of this week, then rather rapidly fall into the 30's on Friday. To make it even better, there is a 70% chance of snow! Now, I am hoping that this isn't going to be one of those wimpy melt-as-it-falls-to-the-ground type of snowfalls. If I could just get a decent amount to take a snow picture of the boys wearing their reindeer head thingies, I would be a happy camper!

My envelopes are addressed and ready to go. All I need to do is write in a Christmas greeting, then add a picture of the *boys* and I am off and running!

In between, I am going to do a very small show with my soaps and some Christmas ornaments on Wednesday. This was a rather "spur of the moment" deal. I received an invitation from a Senior Living community to this gift and accessory show on the 29th. It is only from 10 am until 4 pm, so I figured it would be a fun way to spend some time out and about. I do need to figure some packaging, make up a few little gift baskets, whip some shea butter, and make some lip balms. I did attend one show several years ago, but was totally unprepared. Even if I don't break any records at this one, it will be fun, to be sure. The small city where this is held is also invited, so it could be promising....

I think perhaps I will begin writing my greetings in those Christmas cards right now! My goal is to have them ready to send out shortly after the snow starts flying!

1 comment:

Becky said...

We're having the same weather, it's hard to believe that right now, it's 50 degrees out and expected to hit 60 today and then plummet to 25 by the end of the week with snow showers......hope you get your pic!