Friday, July 14, 2006

How I Spent My Day...

Well, I could grumble and complain. I absolutely do *not* enjoy hot weather. Give me December, January, and even February cold, and I promise I will not complain about the cold. But heat? Ugh.

Today, after doing my orders and some things around the house, we decided to take look at ATV's. Today's venue was Honda, Suzuki, Bombardier, and Yamaha. We packed up and drove down to a dealer about an hour away. We prefer to go to dealers that will allow test drives. Can you imagine buying a car without ever having driven it? Granted, an ATV is a great deal less costly, but who wants to buy a machine and then discover it rides terribly, or, worse yet, the ride is uncomfortable?

Truly, I digress..

We stopped by, and I drove a Honda Recon, then Rancher. The kids tried out some little quads, but hated the fact that they were so small! After this, the dealer had me try a Suzuki Eiger. I guess the Rancher was my favorite at this place.

We popped back into the truck and drove a bit more. This was the Bombardier/Yamaha dealer.
I drove a Grizzly which is what Mark is considering for the kids. Nice ride. The kids also tried out a couple more machines. Mark had me drive a Yamaha Bruin. WHOA! Was I *impressed*?
I told Mark I finally found MY machine!!! Here is a look at it:

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/new_vehicle_detail.asp?VehicleCode=21739

Mark wants me to have a test drive on the big brother to this machine, with a 350 cc engine. This is because I am used to 4 WD; I would like 4 wheel drive, as that is what I have been accustomed to in the past.. We shall see.

But, for tonight, I have visions of that pretty little blue machine!!! I told Mark, I think I am a
"Yahamamama"!!! BTW, I have discovered a wondrous way to beat the heat....it is nearly impossible to feel the heat while riding an ATV!!! Vrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm.

No comments: